• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (March 23, 1987) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania III’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Hillbilly Jim vs. Dino Bravo
– Sivi Afi vs. Ivan MacDonald
– Wrestlemania 3 Report
– Demolition vs. The Can-Am Connection
– Interview w/ The Macho Man Randy Savage
– SD Jones vs. The Red Demon
– The Killer Bees vs. Kamala & Sika
– Interview w/ The Hart Foundation And Danny Davis
– Jose Luis Rivera vs. Johnny K-9
– Paul Orndorff & King Kong Bundy vs. Don Muraco & Bob Orton Jr.
• Former WWE Star Says He Has Apologized To Triple H For Disrespecting Him
During a recent interview with Super Luchas, former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio talked about his time in WWE, making peace with Triple H & more.
Below are the highlights:
On his greatest moment in WWE:
“There were many great moments in WWE, but the most special was to win the Royal Rumble of 40 wrestlers. I swore that they were going to do another Royal Rumble to take away that privilege from me, with 41 wrestler, but they have not.”
On making peace with Triple H:
“Now everything is normal with them, I apologized and shook hands, even with Mr. Levesque [Triple H], with whom I do not agree on many things, especially how things ended and how they were done [when he was fired in 2014], but I should never have crossed the line and disrespect him. A man can only be called a man by admitting his mistakes. I lived a very difficult stage in my life: 1 year and 2 months in which I had to win the most difficult battle of my life that was against myself.”
On a possible return to WWE:
“Returning to WWE before retiring is not a question of whether they want to or I want to return. Neither I hope nor want to return nor do they expect me to return or want me to return. But the two of us have had approaches, especially to make the peace, which opens the door to the fact that before I hang up my boots I can have some last matches in WWE. I clarify it: neither they beg me, nor I beg them. It’s just that the door is open for a future.”