• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 18, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Veterans Memorial Arena in Green Bay, Wisconsin and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The British Bulldogs vs. Brian Costello & Chris Oliver
– The One Man Gang vs. Rick Gantner
– Jim Duggan vs. Barry Horowitz
– ”Ravishing” Rick Rude & Hercules Hernandez vs. Scott Casey & Jim Evans
• Former WWE Wrestler Comments On Getting More Creative Freedom With His Character In WCW Than WWE
During a recent appearance on ‘Why It Ended’ podcast, Chavo Guerrero talked about how he had more creative freedom with his character in WCW than WWE.
Below is what Chavo said:
“It was like we just kept coming up with things and I started getting more and more crazy. One time we were at Eddie’s house and his kids were running around with a stick horse and we were at Tampa wrestling that night. And I’m like, ‘Hey I’m going to use that stick horse tonight’, he was like, ‘Oh yeah, cool’.
You know in WWE you can’t just come out with a gimmick, a new gimmick without telling them. Well in WCW you kind of could. So I came out with a stick horse, I came out with it and nothing really happened backstage, I just did it.
So the next week I didn’t have the stick horse and there were all these signs for the stick horse, for Pepe, that was the name for the stick horse now.
There were all these signs and people with stick horses and I was like, ‘Ah man,’ and Eddie looks at me and goes, ‘You gotta start coming out with this thing, bro’. And I’m like, ‘Oh okay, the ribs on me’.”