• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 11, 1988) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped in Duluth, Minnesota and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. Jim Duggan vs. Billy Anderson
2. Demolition vs. Young Stallions
3. Koko B. Ware vs. Rick Gantner
4. Hercules vs. Chris Bassett
5. Ron Bass vs. Louie Spicolli
6. Ken Patera vs. Larry Sampson
7. Sam Houston & The Fabulous Rougeaus vs. Chris Curtis, Danny Davis & Pete Sanchez
• Former WWE Wrestler Says Jim Ross Told Her She Wouldn’t Make It In Wrestling Because Of Her Size
During a recent appearance at Netflix’s Scene Stealers panel, former WWE wrestler Awesome Kong (Kharma in WWE) talked about WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross telling her she wouldn’t make it in wrestling because of her size.
Below is what she said:
“I went on a show called Tough Enough, it was to have a WWE contract, and Jim Ross, who was an announcer there, told me I’d never make it in wrestling because of my size, and that gave me the fire to be like, ‘Watch this.’
So a friend of mine got me on a show, a Discovery Health show – and it introduced me to a Dojo in Los Angeles where Chyna was training. She did a surprise segment for me, and that Dojo inspired me to go to Japan. I only planned to be there for two weeks, and it turned into six years.”