• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (December 20, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Lee Civic Center in Ft. Myers, Florida and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1988’ event.
The card can be found right here:
– Paul Roma & Jim Powers vs. Dave Wagner & Rick Renslow
– “Ravishing” Rick Rude vs. Outback Jack
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Barry Horowitz
– The One Man Gang & Butch Reed vs. Lanny Poffo & Barry Horowitz
– The Bolsheviks vs. Mike Richards & Mr. Harte
– The Ultimate Warrior vs. Rex King
– The Honky Tonk Man vs. Scott Casey
• Former WWE Writer On How Difficult It Is To Write For Vince McMahon
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer, former WWE Writer Jimmy Jacobs (who got fired from WWE for taking a selfie with the Bullet Club during their RAW invasion and promoting it on Social Media) talked about how difficult it is to write for Vince McMahon.
Below is what he said:
“So, you’re writing things going ‘Is Vince gonna yell about this?’ It’s hard to know what he wants because things will change, and he’ll want changes.
He’s certainly a unique character and some people like to blame Vince for all the bad stuff, I don’t know if that’s true or not. Certainly, I’ll give the devil his due: if you blame him for the bad stuff then you have to blame him for the good stuff.
The Vince factor is a huge part of writing RAW and SmackDown. Even if you took Vince out of the equation, it’s an extremely difficult task to come up with new ideas, concepts and new matches for 3 hours each week.
But yeah, it’s difficult writing for Vince. The prevailing goal is ‘Is Vince going to like this?'”
WATCH: Nikki Bella Naked In A Tub: