• Former WWF Referee Wants AEW To Stop Taking Shots At WWE
During a recent episode of his Reffin Rant, former WWF/E Referee Jimmy Korderas said AEW needs to stop taking shots at WWE if they want to grow.
Here’s what he said:
“All that stuff that you do, which is take shots at the WWE – only affects them. They’re the only ones who get off on it.
If you’re looking to grow your audience, you have to expand past that and look past and grow your business from what you do in the ring and on the microphone and from a storytelling aspect.
Leave these shots back and forth, because I know you’re trying to create this competition – but just focus on what you’re doing and you will succeed.”
WATCH: Natalya Kisses Ronda Rousey’s Buns On RAW:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 20, 1984) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1984, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania event.
You can find the card below:
1. Sgt. Slaughter vs. Charlie Fulton
2. Update – Ken Patera
3. Judy Martin vs. Desiree Peterson
4. Interview – Big John Studd
5. Tonga Kid vs. Masked Executioner
6. Interview – Nikolai Volkoff
7. Big John Studd vs. Billy Travis
8. Pipers Pit – David Sammartino
9. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff vs. Steve Lombardi & Sal Bellomo
10. Interview – SD Jones
11. Interview – Roddy Piper