• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (September 13, 1999) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was LIVE from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Unforgiven 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Luna vs. Jeff Jarrett
2. Strap Match: D-Von Dudley vs. Faarooq
3. Test vs. Joey Abs
4. The Godfather vs. Chaz
5. Steel Cage Match: Chris Jericho vs. Gotch Gracie
6. No.1 Contenders – Five Way Free For All Match: Kane vs. Mankind vs. The Big Show vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker
7. D-Lo Brown & Val Venis vs. Mark Henry & Steve Blackman
8. WWF World Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Steve Austin
• Former WWF Star Opens Up About His Addiction To Pain Pills After He Broke His Neck
During a recent edition of the Steve Austin Show podcast, former WWF Superstar Hardcore Holly opened up about his addiction to pain pills after he broke his neck.
Holly broke his neck during a match with Brock Lesnar and you can watch it below:
Below is what Holly said:
“When I broke my neck, I did end up getting into the pain pill thing and getting on those. And I was able to get off that stuff. And so, but that wasn’t easy, so I had to have help. I wrote about that in my book. I had to have help to get off that stuff and I did.
But that was the worst I did. I didn’t get into the alcohol. I didn’t get into the cocaine. I didn’t get into anything heavy like that. I mean, I did steroids. Whoop-dee-doo. But that goes without saying. When I broke my neck, that was the worst, the heaviest I got into anything as far as that you shouldn’t be doing, but, like I said, I got off that and everything.
I never drank and I never did anything else. I started taking too many pills and I was like, ‘this is ridiculous – I’ve got to stop,’ so I did.”