• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 2, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Metro Centre in Rockford, Illinois and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Rockers vs. Tom Stone & Barry Horowitz
– Ted DiBiase vs. Bret Terry
– Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs. Scrub
– Dino Bravo vs. Ronnie Fails
– Mr. Perfect vs. Jim Evans
– The Big Boss Man & Akeem vs. Jim Powers & Tom Stock
– Terry Taylor vs. Scrub
• Former WWF Writer Calls WWE’s Booking Of Drew McIntyre The Worst He’s Ever Seen
Former WWF writer Vince Russo was recently interviewed by Chris Featherstone, where he discussed Drew McIntyre’s current run as the WWE Champion.
Russo isn’t a fan of it, and he thinks McIntyre’s being booked as the worst Champion of all time.
Below is what Russo said:
“The problem is, they didn’t plan on the pandemic. They are just going according to plan and they are not making those alternations which they very well could make.
I’ve got to be honest with you, pandemic, fans, no fans, this has to be the worst booking of a champion I’ve ever seen. Drew McIntyre could be a movie star. This is a guy that has all the tools…they’ve done nothing.
How you can fail a Bray Wyatt, a Fiend, a Mr. Rogers – how you could fail all three of those characters…you either gotta be really bad or have to do it purposely. I wish I would have gotten to work with a talent like Bray Wyatt.”
WATCH: New Footage Of Former WWE Diva Emma’s Hot Buns (Part 1):