• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (December 29, 1991) – WWF MSG House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 29, 1991, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
This event featured one of the few matches between Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair, that were booked as a test run for their planned WrestleMania 8 main event match, that ended up not happening.
Here are the results from that night:
– The British Bulldog defeated The Berzerker
– Handicap Flag: Sgt. Slaughter defeated Colonel Mustafa & General Adnan
– Hercules defeated Greg Valentine
– The Nasty Boys defeated The Bushwhackers
– Skinner defeated Jim Powers
– Chris Walker defeated The Brooklyn Brawler
– Virgil defeated Repo Man by DQ
– WWF Intercontinental Title: Bret Hart (c) wrestled Ted DiBiase to a time limit draw
– Hulk Hogan defeated Ric Flair via count-out
• Hall Of Famer No Longer Allowed To Take Bumps In WWE
During a recent edition of The Jerry Lawler Show podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed that he’s no longer allowed to take bumps in WWE.
Below is what Lawler said:
“Still, to this day, the people in WWE still feel like that’s not the case [him being cleared to wrestle]. They keep me on the no-touch list and all of that kind of thing. We’ve talked about this before on the podcast.
The doctors told Lauren, ‘We can’t clear him to go back in the ring because he’s a liability to the company.’
If they grant my request and they say, ‘Okay, we’ll let you decide what you think is best,’ and they let me go out there and wrestle again, and then something did happen again, it would be a PR disaster for the company.”
WATCH: Nikki Bella Enjoying In A Bikini: