• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 1, 1996) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1996’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Lex Luger vs. Dick Slater
2. The Booty Man vs. Mark Kyle
3. Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs. Scott & Steve Armstrong
4. Kevin Sullivan vs. Alex Davis
5. Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Scotty Riggs vs. Pat Tanaka & Kurasawa
6. Konnan vs. Alex Wright
7. Prince Iaukea vs. The Gambler
8. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Cobra
9. Fire & Ice vs. Bobby Eaton & David Taylor
10. Sting vs. Johnny Grunge
• Hall Of Famer Says AEW Can’t Compete With WWE
During a recent Q&A session on Facebook, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle was asked about All Elite Wrestling and if AEW will be able to compete with WWE.
Below is what Angle said:
“AEW will do very well. BUT, it’s not WWE. WWE is a monster. It will be fun to see how this pans out. I’ve seen companies in the past attempt to make a run against WWE. WCW was actually neck and neck.
TNA was not able to compare, but they had a great run with amazing talent, and TNA was a solid #2. AEW has some amazing talent as well, but WWE is so global, I don’t think anyone will catch them.”