• “He needs to tone it down” – Former WWE Champion On Jeff Hardy
During an episode of his podcast, former WWE Champion Kurt Angle talked about working with Jeff Hardy and telling Jeff to tone it down in TNA Wrestling, at least on the house shows for the sake of longevity.
Below is what Angle said:
“I told him he needs to tone it down. I told him that at house shows and some of the TVs, don’t use all your stuff.
Save it for the pay-per-views and the big TVs, the important TVs, because you only have one body, and if you bang it up too much, you’re not going to be able to perform anymore.
If you want to have a nice long career, you need to save yourself and make sure you only do the spots that you do in the most important matches, the pay-per-view matches and the important TV matches.
The other stuff, you can just wrestle and have fun, and participate with the fans and include them in the match. Just enjoy yourself without doing anything crazy.
Jeff always did crazy stuff. He never let his fans down even at house shows. He was doing the Swanton from the top rope. He was diving over the top rope outside of the ring. He always put his body in jeopardy no matter what kind of show it was.
You know what? I didn’t tone it down either.”
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Christy Hemme Without Clothes:
• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (April 23, 1983) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1983, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments involving the 1983 WWF Superstars.
Here’s the card:
– Sgt. Slaughter vs. SD Jones
– Don Muraco vs. Bob Bradley
– Rocky Johnson vs. Baron Mikel Scicluna
– Swede Hansen vs. Miguel Felicano
– Big John Studd vs. Barry Hart
– Ivan Koloff vs. Charlie Brown
– Iron Mike Sharpe vs. Tony Colon
– Salvatore Bellomo vs. Terry Manton