• “He would want to know how it feels to get knocked out by Mike Tyson” – WWF Legend On Vince McMahon
It’s widely known that Old School WWF/WWE promoter Vince McMahon would never ask anything from his performers that he would not dare to do himself.
On an episode of his weekly ‘The Kurt Angle Show’ podcast, the 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist claimed that McMahon would have even tried to box Mike Tyson, just to find out how it feels to get knocked out by the Boxing Legend.
Here’s what Angle had to say:
“Vince will only try once. If he doesn’t succeed, he’s not gonna try again. Vince is one of those guys that wants to feel what it’s like to be up against an Olympic Gold Medalist or a World Champion Boxer. He wants to feel that knock out. He wants to feel getting slammed. He’s crazy.
The guy always tests himself. He wants to test himself against the best. If Mike Tyson was there, Vince would say, ‘Hey, let’s go one round,’ and Vince would do it. He really would. He would want to know how it feels to get knocked out by Mike Tyson. That’s just how Vince is.”
WATCH: Lita Removes Trish Stratus’ Clothes:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (November 15, 2001) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Pepsi Arena in Albany, New York and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Rob Van Dam vs. Kane
2. Edge & The Hardy Boyz vs. Test & The Dudley Boyz
3. The Big Show vs. Diamond Dallas Page
4. Booker T vs. The Undertaker
5. William Regal & Ivory vs. Tajiri & Torrie Wilson
6. Chris Jericho & The Rock vs. Kurt Angle & Stone Cold Steve Austin