• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (July 6, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the “WWF The Wrestling Classic” PPV.
You can find the card below:
1. The British Bulldogs vs. Dave Barbie & Barry O
2. King Kong Bundy vs. Sal Gee
3. Uncle Elmer vs. A.J. Petruzzi
4. Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. Jose Luis Rivera & Paul Roma
5. “Macho Man” Randy Savage (WWF Debut) vs. Aldo Marino
6. Don Muraco vs. Ricky Steamboat
• Heel Turn Expected To Happen Soon In WWE
According to Joe Peisich, The New Day’s Big E is expected to turn heel in WWE soon.
No word yet on exactly when this is supposed to happen, but it’ll most likely be Big E turning on WWE Champion Kofi Kingston.
This doesn’t come as a surprise as New Day’s merchandise sales have dropped as of late.
There were rumors that Big E might turn on Kofi during Kofi’s feud with Dolph Ziggler (as Big E used to be Dolph’s partner a few years back), but that didn’t happen.
One possible scenario could be Big E attacking Kofi and this leading to Brock Lesnar cashing-in on Kofi and winning the WWE Championship (which is the current plan).
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.