• “He’s not a bully” – WWE Hall Of Famer On How Tony Khan Differs From Vince McMahon
WWE Hall Of Famer & current AEW commentator Jim Ross recently spoke to Wrestling Observer Radio, where he was asked about the difference between WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and AEW President Tony Khan.
Below is what he said:
“Working with Tony is so much different from Vince — he’s younger, but his personality is different from Vince. He’s not a bully.
Sometimes, as we all know The Chairman can be a bully, but that’s not Tony. It keeps you in a real positive frame of mind all the time. I think he allows the announcers to create their own music. I appreciate that.
I tell him all the time. I tell him, ‘you don’t know how much better we’ll be by letting us create our own music’ all the while staying between the lines and doing the story that they want told.”
WATCH: Torrie Wilson Brutally Spanks Stacy Keibler:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (December 28, 1992) – WCW Starrcade 1992
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 28, 1992, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘Starrcade 1992: BattleBowl-The Lethal Lottery II’ LIVE on PPV from the The Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.
During the Lethal Lottery Tag Team matches it was decided who would end up competing in the Battlebowl II Battle Royal, which was the main event of the show.
In the co-main event Sting wrestled Big Van Vader in the final of the ‘King of Cable’ tournament, while WCW World Heavyweight Champion Ron Simmons had to defend his title against “Dr. Death” Steve Williams.
Here are the results:
– “Lethal Lottery”: Van Hammer and Danny Spivey defeated Johnny B. Badd and Cactus Jack
– “Lethal Lottery”: Big Van Vader and Dustin Rhodes defeated Kensuke Sasaki and The Barbarian
– “Lethal Lottery”: The Great Muta and Barry Windham defeated Brian Pillman and 2 Cold Scorpio
– “Lethal Lottery”: Steve Williams and Sting defeated Jushin Thunder Liger and Erik Watts
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Masahiro Chono (c) defeated The Great Muta
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Ron Simmons (c) defeated Steve Williams by DQ
– NWA and WCW World Tag Team Championship: Shane Douglas and Ricky Steamboat (c) defeated Barry Windham and Brian Pillman
– King of Cable tournament final: Sting defeated Big Van Vader
– The Great Muta won ‘Battlebowl II’