• How Many Fans Were Unhappy & Given Refunds On This Week’s AEW Dynamite?
This week’s episode of AEW Dynamite was a special “Blood & Guts” edition of the show.
While the fans saw multiple matches during the show on TV, the fans in attendance only saw one live match.
Hour 1 of this week’s Dynamite was taped weeks ago. The live crowd was shown this pre-taped hour on a big screen and their live reaction was added to the show while it was airing.
When the tickets for this show were being sold, the fans were told in advance that they’ll only get to see the Blood & Guts match live. Despite this, AEW President Tony Khan came out and offered refunds to fans who weren’t aware of it somehow and were unhappy about the situation.
According to the Wrestling Observer, out of the 1,500 fans that were in attendance for the show, only 5 asked for a refund.
WATCH: Tay Conti Has The Best Buns In AEW (Part 4):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 6, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Civic Center in Glens Falls, New York and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. The Rockers vs. Boris Zhukov & George South
2. The Honky Tonk Man vs. Chuck Williams
3. The Red Rooster vs. Iron Mike Sharpe
4. The Barbarian vs. Tony Durante
5. Hercules vs. Brian Elder
6. Jake Roberts vs. Virgil
7. The Brain Busters vs. Gene Ligon & Mark Brown