18. On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 11, 1999) – New WCW World Heavyweight Champion Crowned At Bash At The Beach 1999
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 11, 1999, WCW Bash At The Beach 1999 PPV took place. In the main event of this PPV, the team of “Macho Man” Randy Savage & Sid Vicious defeated the team of WCW World Heavyweight Champion Kevin Nash & Sting. This resulted in Randy Savage winning the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (according to the stipulation of the match).
Also on this PPV, a boxing match took place between Roddy Piper & Buff Bagwell (with Mills Lane as the referee). You can watch the main event of this PPV below:
Below are the results from this PPV:
– Ernest Miller def. Disco Inferno
– WCW World Television Championship Match: Rick Steiner (c) def. Van Hammer to retain the Title
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match: David Flair (c) def. Dean Malenko to retain the Title.
– Tag Team Elimination Match: The No Limit Soldiers (Konnan, Rey Misterio, Jr., Swoll, and Brad Armstrong) def. The West Texas Rednecks (Curt Hennig, Bobby Duncum, Jr., Barry Windham, and Kendall Windham) by 4-2.
– Junkyard Invitational: Fit Finlay def. Ciclope, Jerry Flynn, Johnny Grunge, Hardcore Hak, Horace Hogan, Brian Knobbs, Hugh Morrus, La Parka, Steven Regal, Rocco Rock, Silver King, David Taylor & Mikey Whipwreck to win the match.
– WCW World Tag Team Championship Match: The Jersey Triad (Diamond Dallas Page, Chris Kanyon, and Bam Bam Bigelow) def. Perry Saturn and Chris Benoit to retain the Titles.
– Boxing Match: Buff Bagwell def. Roddy Piper via KO.
– Tag Team Match For The WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Savage & Sid Vicious def. Kevin Nash (c) & Sting. This resulted in Savage becoming the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion.