• On This Day In Wrestling History (January 10, 1998) – ECW House Party 1998
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 10, 1998, Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling aired ‘ECW House Party 1998’ LIVE on PPV from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The PPV’s main event was a so called ‘Stairway to Hell match’ between ECW icons The Sandman & Sabu.
Here are the results:
– Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney & Tommy Dreamer def. The Full Blooded Italians
– Jerry Lynn def. Chris Candido
– Gran Hamada def. Gran Naniwa
– Al Snow def. Amish Roadkill
– Justin Credible def. The Great Sasuke
– Rob Van Dam def. Bam Bam Bigelow
– ECW World Television Championship: Taz (c) def. 2 Cold Scorpio
– The Dudley Brothers def. The Gangstanators & Spike Dudley
– Stairway to Hell: The Sandman def. Sabu
• Hulk Hogan Comments On Kenny Omega Not Coming To WWE
With former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega’s contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling expiring at the end of this month, word going on is that Omega will now sign with All Elite Wrestling, not WWE.
During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, WWE Hall Of Famer “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan discussed this situation involving Omega and said the following:
“It’s tough to go your whole life without eating at McDonald’s or riding in a Chevrolet. If you don’t touch on the WWE, the story’s not complete. But maybe Kenny could be the exception.”
WATCH: Nikki Bella Shows Off Her Butt: