• “I don’t know” – Chris Jericho On If AEW Will Overtake WWE
During an interview with PopCulture, current AEW Superstar Chris Jericho said All Elite Wrestling has a better product than WWE in his opinion, but can’t say for sure if Tony Khan’s promotion will overtake WWE in the numbers.
Below is what the 1st ever AEW World Champion said:
“Well, in my opinion, what is the top wrestling promotion? To me, I think we already are, as far as in-ring product and entertaining shows, storylines, characters, etc.
If you’re looking at like will AEW overtake WWE as the wrestling brand in North America? I don’t know.
All we’re worried about is continuing to grow our fan base, which we are, grow and continue to improve and create amazing stories, which we do.”
Also Read: Matt Hardy Confirms Jeff Hardy Will Join AEW
WATCH: Vince McMahon Forces Trish Stratus To Strip:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 9, 1992) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1992, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Lee Civic Center in Ft. Myers, Florida and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania VIII’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Big Boss Man vs. Jim Cooper
– Skinner vs. Kevin Katlin
– Repo Man vs. Mickey Jay
– Texas Tornado vs. Pat Tanaka
– Funeral Parlor with Sensational Sherri
– Legion of Doom vs. Bob Avery & Bob Morgan
– Papa Shango vs. Brian Costello