• “I don’t know if people realize, but it’s a very stressful job” – Former WWE Valet On Working WrestleMania
During a recent interview with Wrestlinginc, former WWE Valet Sharmell revealed a valuable advice she got from her husband Booker T, who is a 2-time WWE Hall Of Famer.
Here’s what she said:
“Your character is what will give you a lasting career. Booker told me, ‘Don’t take yourself so seriously. Just relax and have fun.’
I’ll never forget when they had WrestleMania one year and had a really long ramp. I’m trying to rush down the ramp, and he stops me in the middle of WrestleMania. He says, ‘Take a minute and just look around.’ I slowed my walk and got it.
I don’t know if people realize, but it’s a very stressful job being a sports entertainer. A lot of times there are nerves and stress levels and to be the best it puts on a lot of stress levels.
If you take a deep breath and calm down and remember it’s about having fun. That’s what happened with the King and Queen gimmick. Booker and I were able to have fun and that translates. It makes the fans feel something.
Whether they want to cheer or boo you, it makes them feel. That’s where the magic comes from.”
WATCH: Sharmell’s (Booker T’s Wife) Buns In A Bikini:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (October 6, 1991) – WCW Main Event
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Ron Simmons & Barry Windham vs. Tim Frye & Lou Fabiano
– WCW Top 10
– The Patriots vs. Mark Kyle & Bob Cook
– Danger Zone: Lex Luger, Harley Race & Mr Hughes
– Clip: Tom Zenk after being attacked in the dressing room
– Lex Luger & Mr Hughes vs. ???
– Halloween Havoc Promo
– Arn Anderson vs. Rick Steiner