• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 31, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘Royal Rumble 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Ultimate Warrior vs. Lee Peak
– Ted DiBiase vs. Jerry Monti
– Rick Martel vs. Alan Martin
– Ronnie Garvin vs. Jim Gorman
– Bad News Brown vs. Mike Howe
– Rowdy Roddy Piper Interview
– Bushwhackers vs. Pablo Crenshaw & Alan Reynolds
• Injury At Last Night’s WWE Live Event In Los Angeles, California
At last night’s WWE Live Event in Los Angeles, California, Kalisto suffered a shoulder injury during Lucha House Party’s tag team match against The Revival.
The referee threw the “X” sign (to indicate a legitimate injury) and he was then quickly pinned to end the match.
While Randy Orton’s injury at a Live Event turned out to be a storyline, this indeed looks like a legitimate injury.
Good pal and friend of the podcast, Qwegg from Cali, sent this to us. From a house show, it looks like Kalisto got injured. “Revival hit a quick pin and then the wrong music played, ref threw up the x.” #WWE pic.twitter.com/xesRsgRelf
— Offended Podcast (@OffendedPod) December 31, 2019
— Kountry @ #WWELA (@kountry1983) December 31, 2019
— EE (@EthanEnvy95) December 31, 2019
Below are the results from this Live Event:
– Lacey Evans & Dana Brooke def. SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley & Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross.
– The Revival def. Lucha House Party
– Shorty G def. Dolph Ziggler
– Triple Threat Match For The Universal Championship: The Fiend (c) def. Daniel Bryan and The Miz to retain the Title
– Carmella def. Mandy Rose
– Braun Strowman & SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day def. Cesaro, Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura and Sami Zayn
– Street Fight: Roman Reigns def. King Corbin
WATCH: Sasha Banks’ Old Wardrobe Malfunction: