• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 18, 2001) – Final WCW PPV
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 18, 2001, WCW aired its final PPV named “Greed”. The event did the worst PPV buys in WCW’s history. Below are the results from the show:
– Jason Jett def. Kwee Wee
– WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship Match: Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo def. The Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr.) to win the Titles.
– Shawn Stasiak (with Stacy Keibler) def. Bam Bam Bigelow
– Team Canada (Lance Storm and Mike Awesome) def. Hugh Morrus and Konnan
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match: Shane Helms def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. (c) to win the Title.
– WCW World Tag Team Championship Match: The Natural Born Thrillers (Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire) (c) defeated Totally Buffed (Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger) to retain the Titles.
– Ernest Miller def. Kanyon
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match: Booker T def. Rick Steiner (c) to win the Title.
– Dustin Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes def. Ric Flair and Jeff Jarrett
– Falls Count Anywhere match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner (c) (with Midajah) def. Diamond Dallas Page to retain the Title.
• Brock Lesnar Made His WWF Debut 16 Years Ago Today (Video)
Current Universal Champion “The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar made his WWE debut 16 years ago today on Raw after WrestleMania X8. You can watch his debut below:
• Interesting Stat Regarding Universal Champion Brock Lesnar & IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada
Below is an interesting statistic regarding Universal Champion Brock Lesnar and New Japan Pro Wrestling’s IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada:
“With his win at Madison Square Garden, Brock Lesnar has successfully defended the Universal Title 10 times in 349 days, which is the same number of successful defenses as Kazuchika Okada has in 635 days as IWGP Heavyweight Champion.”