• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (February 9, 1997) – WCW Worldwide
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Worldwide’.
This episode was pre-taped from the Disney MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl VII’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Faces of Fear vs. Steve & Scott Armstrong
– Ciclope vs. Miguel Perez Jr.
– Chris Jericho vs. Mr. JL
– Eddie Guerrero vs. Psychosis
– Madusa & Meiko Satomira vs. Kaoru & Akira Hokuto
• Is There Any Truth To Rumors Of Hulk Hogan Being Cleared To Return To In-Ring Action & Having One Final Match At WrestleMania 36?
There are some rumors going on that soon to be two time WWE Hall of Famer “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan has been cleared for in-ring action and will have one final match in WWE at WrestleMania 36.
However, there is no truth to these rumors.
Wrestlingnewsco is reporting that WWE’s Creative Team haven’t heard of any plans for Hogan at WrestleMania 36 as of this writing:
“I’ve been told that the people in creative have not heard anything about plans for Hogan at WrestleMania 36 in Tampa.
I was also told that there has been no talk on Hogan being cleared by WWE doctors. So, if Hogan ends up appearing at WrestleMania then it will likely not be in a match where he would take bumps.”
It looks like Hogan will only appear at WrestleMania 36 as nWo’s Hollywood Hogan when the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2020 comes out on stage to pose for the fans.