• Jeff Hardy Sentenced To 38 Days In Jail – But Credited With Time Already Served
In 2022, former WWE Champion Jeff Hardy was arrested for DUI once again.
This led to AEW President Tony Khan suspending Hardy from All Elite Wrestling. Hardy then entered rehab.
Jeff’s brother Matt Hardy later went on to tease that we’re going to see a “new” Jeff Hardy soon.
In an update, Jeff’s DUI case has been officially closed, according to latest documents from Volusia County Clerk of Circuit Court records.
A couple of days ago, Hardy’s attorney filed a motion to exclude certain evidence from the trial:
– Mr. Hardy’s breath tests did not comply with FDLE’s requirements established in FDLE’s administrative rules to ensure reliable quantitative breath tests.
– There is insufficient probative evidence that the breath tests in Mr. Hardy’s case were performed substantially in accordance with methods approved by FDLE and with a compliant machine approved by FDLE.
– For the above reasons, this Court should enter an order excluding any evidence of a breath test and breath test results obtained in this case.
Hardy pleaded no contest to 3rd offense of DUI within 10 years, driving while his license was suspended, revoked or canceled, and a driving violation with a driver’s license restriction.
The Judge found Hardy guilty on all counts, including a felony charge. Hardy was sentenced to 38 days in jail, but was credited with time already served. This means Jeff will not spend any further time in jail.
Jeff is on probation for 24 months and was fined $4,000. Court costs are listed as $586. His driver’s license has been suspended for 10 years.
His sentence also includes vehicle impoundment for 90 days and vehicle interlock device for 2 years.
WATCH: Nikkita Lyons Reveals Her Buns On The Beach:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (February 23, 2003) – WWE No Way Out 2003
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 23, 2003, World Wrestling Entertainment aired ‘WWE No Way Out 2003’ LIVE on PPV from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
The PPV theme song of this dual brand pay-per-view was “Bring Me To Life” by the band ‘Evanescence’.
Here are the PPV results:
Chris Jericho defeated Jeff Hardy
World Tag Team Championship: Lance Storm & William Regal (c) defeated Kane & Rob Van Dam
WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Matt Hardy defeated Billy Kidman (c)
The Undertaker defeated Big Show
Brock Lesnar & Chris Benoit defeated Team Angle
World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H (c) defeated Scott Steiner
Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Eric Bischoff
The Rock defeated Hulk Hogan