– Jerry Lawler Reveals A Fun Fact About The Locker Room Leader
During a recent edition of “Dinner With The King” podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler discussed Roman Reigns becoming the new face of WWE after defeating John Cena at No Mercy 2017. Below are the highlights:
On Roman Reigns becoming the new “Face of WWE”:
“The reason for that match was, we talk about mythical passing of the mythical torch, I think that’s what that match basically represented. In WWE, you have to have, there always have been and always will be, a pecking order in the talent roster. And you usually have that one featured guy that is considered “the guy.”
That, obviously, is a Vince McMahon decision on the final say-so on who will be “the guy.” You have to feature him, or “push.” Sometimes if the fans don’t feel that person is ready for that big push, they resent it.”
On if this means Reigns is the locker room leader in WWE:
“Yeah, I think so. You know what is a funny thing in the business? When you get to be ‘that guy,’ you suddenly no longer dress in the same locker room as all rest of the guys. You have your own bus. You have your own locker room. You’re not in the one big male talent locker room.
There is a little bit of a fallacy in the fact of the guy that is “the guy” is the locker room leader; that is just not necessary real. A guy like Brock Lesnar, you never see Brock. He’s always on his bus or his own locker room. You never see him. He stays in there until basically it’s time for his match. He goes out and comes back, and then he’s gone.”
– Hall of Famers Wrestling At Starrcade?
As we noted before, former Raw Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson challenged legendary tag team & WWE Hall of Famers The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express to a match at Starrcade (which is a WWE Live Event on November 25th in Greensboro, North Carolina):
We @LukeGallowsWWE , want the Rock N Roll Express at Starcade….
— Karl Anderson (@KarlAndersonWWE) September 26, 2017
Challenge made! https://t.co/FnYD90vZ2T
— Luke Gallows (@LukeGallowsWWE) September 26, 2017
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express replied the following:
— School of Morton (@RealRickyMorton) September 27, 2017
— Robert Gibson (@TheRobertGibson) September 27, 2017
While WWE hasn’t confirmed anything as of now, PWInsider is reporting that The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express will indeed be facing Gallows & Anderson at Starrcade. We’ll keep you updated regarding this.
UPDATE: WWE covered this Twitter conversation between the two tag teams and teased a possible confrontation between them at Starrcade.
Below is the current match-card for Starrcade:
WWE Championship Steel Cage Match
Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
SmackDown Women’s Championship Steel Cage Match
Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair
United States Championship Triple Threat Match
AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev
SmackDown Tag Team Championship Texas Tornado Match
The New Day vs. The Usos
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
– Full Details On WWE 2K18 DLC & Season Pass
Below is the announcement that WWE made regarding the WWE 2K18 DLC & Season Pass:
“2K announced Wednesday the Season Pass and downloadable content offerings for WWE 2K18, adding a new competitive level to the highly anticipated WWE video game.
The return of The Hardy Boyz, the accelerated track to MyPlayer stardom and a slew of new moves are among the offerings included in the WWE 2K18 DLC packs. Moreover, the WWE 2K18 Season Pass will include access to all of these announced DLC offerings.
2K confirmed details for five DLC packs, each designed to boost the WWE 2K18 roster, the in-game move sets and playable character attributes. The renowned video game publisher will begin releasing the individual DLC packs in late 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Players looking to pick up all of these DLC packs and save a little money can also purchase the WWE 2K18 Season Pass. For only $29.99, Season Pass subscribers can gain access to the DLC offerings listed below as they become available.
Details for each WWE 2K18 DLC pack are as follows:
Accelerator (available for $4.99)
* Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content).
* Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product.
* The Accelerator will be available for $4.99.
Enduring Icons Pack
* Playable WWE Superstars: Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy.
* Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express.
* The Enduring Icons Pack will be available for $9.99.
MyPlayer Kick Start
* Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode.
* Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer.
* MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99.
New Moves Pack
* Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tye-Breaker (made popular by Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
* The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99.
NXT Generation Pack
* Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot.
* The NXT Generation Pack will be available for $9.99.
WWE 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB and is currently scheduled for worldwide release on Tuesday, Oct. 17, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, as well as in Fall 2017 on Nintendo Switch.”