• Jerry Lawler Suffered A Stroke, Undergoes Surgery
WWE Hall Of Famer Jerry Lawler (age 73) was hospitalized yesterday after a serious medical episode.
Lawler reportedly went out for lunch with friends and then got ill.
In an update from ActionNews5, Lawler suffered a stroke at his home and is now recovering after undergoing surgery. Prior to this, he suffered a stroke back in 2018.
Jerry most recently wrestled at an indy event in January. He has a streak going on for wrestling every year for 53 years straight.
Also last month, he appeared at RAW XXX for Commentary and then appeared on the Royal Rumble 2023 Kickoff Show.
Regarding Lawler’s health history, he suffered a heart attack after competing on the September 10th 2012 episode of RAW, when Dolph Ziggler delivered a series of elbow drops on his chest.
Also Read: WCW Veteran Passed Away Yesterday
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (February 7, 2000) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Tulsa Convention Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma and featured matches, interviews & segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl 2000’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Norman Smiley vs. Evan Karagias
– The Wall vs. Booker T
– Tank Abbott vs. The Barbarian
– I Quit Match: David Flair vs. Terry Funk
– Stevie Ray vs. Disco Inferno
– Hardcore Title: Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Brian Knobbs
– Billy Kidman vs. KISS Demon
– Sid Vicious vs. Scott Hall