• Jim Cornette Says It’s Too Late For Former WWE Superstar In AEW
On the latest episode of his weekly ‘The Jim Cornette Experience’ podcast, the Old School WCW/WWF Manager spoke about former WWE Superstar Rusev, who is currently wrestling for Tony Khan’s All Elite Wrestling under the name Miro.
Miro recently became AEW’s TNT Champion by defeating Darby Allin on an episode of Dynamite.
Here’s what Cornette had to say about the former WWE United States Champion:
“Now he looks good. He’s got his gear on. He’s doing a promo like a badass with bass in his voice.
He’s not playing video games. He’s not wearing pink Minnie Mouse t-shirts. He’s not hanging around with his little mascot Pip and his little virginal girlfriend Penelope.
They’re not doing phony sh*t with undercard goofs like The Best Friends.
This guy might have gotten over. I mean, it’s too late now because now we know he is a guy who wears f**kin’ Minnie Mouse shirts and f**kin’ plays video games and goes off with goddamn little Pip to play video games or whatever, but at least it’s good to know he could have gotten over if he came out like this from the start.”
WATCH: Lana (Miro’s Wife) Shows Her Bare Buns:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 24, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was pre-taped at the Sports Arena in San Diego, California and included matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
The match-card can be found right here:
1. Brutus Beefcake vs. Dino Bravo
2. Ricky Steamboat vs. “Iron” Mike Sharpe
3. Harley Race vs. Jerry Monti
4. Tito Santana & Hillbilly Jim & Billy Jack Haynes vs. Terry Gibbs & Dave Barbie & Carl Schmidt
5. Sika Anoia & Kamala vs. Lanny Poffo & Rick Hunter
6. Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Steve Lombardi