• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 22, 2002) – The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero, RVD Unifies Intercontinental & European Titles
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 22, 2002, the European Title and the Intercontinental Title were unified on Raw when Rob Van Dam defeated Jeff Hardy in a “Title For Title” Ladder match.
WWE Undisputed World Champion “The Great One” The Rock wrestled “Latino Heat” Eddie Guerrero in a non-title match in the main event of the show. After the match, The Rock was confronted by the #1 contender “The Next Big Thing” Brock Lesnar.
Below are the results from this episode of Raw:
– “Title For Title” Ladder Match: Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam def. European Champion Jeff Hardy to unify the European & Intercontinental Titles.
– William Regal & Molly Holly def. Bubba Ray Dudley & Trish Stratus
– Singapore Cane Match: Brock Lesnar def. Tommy Dreamer
– D-Lo Brown vs. Shawn Stasiak ended in a Draw.
– Chris Benoit def. Booker T
– The Big Show def. Spike Dudley
– WWE Undisputed Champion The Rock def. Eddie Guerrero
You can watch the Title For Title Ladder match below:
You can watch the Singapore Cane match between Lesnar & Dreamer below:
You can watch The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero below:
• Jim Ross Accuses Top SmackDown Star Of Going Into Business For Herself After Extreme Rules 2018
Carmella successfully defended her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Asuka at Extreme Rules last week. After the show, she did something which did not go unnoticed.
Recently on The Ross Report, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross commented on Caremlla’s promo on the Extreme Rules 2018 post-show and accused the SmackDown Women’s Champion of going into business for herself.
Below is what Good Ol’ JR said:
“I think that Carmella in the post-game show that I watched on Extreme Rules, she inadvertently gathered some go away heat. She was over the top. It was awkward in my view. I understand. I appreciate her enthusiasm; but, she kinda went into business for herself, it seemed like, and I think that kinda turned some people off. It didn’t sound really WWE-ish. This young woman has improved a lot. She’s got a great look. She really does. She loves being a heel. That means a lot. This is not a nock on Carmella.
It’s just the fact that everybody had these wonderful expectations of Asuka, who just a few months ago at WrestleMania was in one the most desired and eagerly anticipated matches of the night against Charlotte. I think the go away heat had an issue there with Asuka and this whole situation being looked at so negatively and there’s a fine line folks between villain heat and go away heat, a fine line, and I think we saw the other side of that line, not the good sign of that line, in the Extreme Rules post-game show. She might have been a little bit over the top.”
Below is the footage from the post-show:
— WWE (@WWE) July 16, 2018