• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 5, 2001) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Backlash 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Kane & The Undertaker vs. Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather & Steven Richards
2. Rhyno vs. K-Kwik
3. Kurt Angle & William Regal vs. Chris Benoit
4. Jeff Hardy vs. The Big Show
5. X-Pac, Justin Credible & Albert vs. Billy Gunn, Steve Blackman & Grandmaster Sexay
6. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
WATCH: Fan Captures Epic Photo Of Bayley’s Fat Bum Next To Sasha Banks:
• Jim Ross Confirms AEW Will Air Live 2 Hour Weekly TV Show On A Major Network Starting October
During a recent interview on WFAN Radio in New York City, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross (who is now signed to All Elite Wrestling) revealed that AEW will have a live 2 hour weekly TV show on a major cable network starting October.
Below is what Good Ol’ JR said:
“AEW is overwhelming for me. To be 67 years old and be anointed the voice of a brand that’s gonna be debuting in October on national television on a major cable network, which can’t be named now. When people hear what network we’re going on, they’re gonna be doubly excited. It’s a network we can all find.
I think what they’re shooting for is a more athletic presentation. It will hopefully be less eye rolling than the sophomore drama class trying to convince you in a 10 minute promo of anything they’re saying. It’s too long. Our audience can’t handle that.”