• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (July 3, 1995) – WWF Monday Night RAW
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was taped in Danville, Pennsylvania and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Mike Bell
2. Bob Holly vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
3. Henry Godwinn vs. Barry Horowitz
4. Sid vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
5. Waylon Mercy vs. Jeff Hardy
• Big Increase In RAW Viewership
This week’s episode of RAW, which featured an appearance by The Undertaker and Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley in a Falls Count Anywhere match, drew 2.50 million viewers.
This is 10% up from last week’s 2.28 million viewers. Below are the results from this week’s RAW:
– Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley ended in a No Contest when both Superstars were taken to a local medical facility
– Samoa Joe & The Viking Raiders def. The New Day
– The Undertaker confronted Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre
– Lacey Evans def. Natalya
– The Miz def. Elias (2-out-of-3-Falls Match)
– Universal Champion Seth Rollins & RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch def. Mike Kanellis & Maria Kanellis
– NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Profits confronted Paul Heyman
– Carmella def. Alexa Bliss
– Nikki Cross def. Carmella
– Drake Maverick def. R-Truth to become the new 24/7 Champion
– United States Champion Ricochet def. AJ Styles to retain the Title; The Club reformed to attack Ricochet after the match
Below are the top 10 moments from RAW:
• John Cena Reveals New Hairstyle
WWE posted a new video where 16 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena revealed his new hairstyle.
Cena spoke in Mandarin in the video, but WWE provided subtitles as well and you can read it below:
“Hello friends! Long time no see. Long time no see. A year ago I show a film with Jackie Chan and the director asked me if I could change my hairstyle. So right now you can see it’s long and wild. Now I’m filming a new movie and the director asked me if I can change my hairstyle. So now I will *snip* *snip* *snip* my hair. My role in this film is a secret! I can’t tell you anything about this role but I can let you see my new look! See ya!
Hello friends! Look at me now. I have a lot less hair now. So I’m all done with my hairstyle change for my new role in my new action movie. I’ll probably have another haircut in the future, just a small cut but for now I will look more like WWE John Cena. That look is similar to what I look like now so a lot of WWE fans will be very excited. I’m excited now. My hair is comfortable and not wild and crazy. So now you see me! See ya!”
Below is the difference in Cena’s previous and new look: