• John Cena’s WrestleMania 39 Match Got Changed In January
16-Time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena will return on the March 6th episode of RAW.
He is scheduled to face United States Champion Austin Theory at WrestleMania 39.
This is going to be Cena’s first WrestleMania since 2020, where he lost to “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt.
The seeds for the Cena-Theory match were planted on the June 27th 2022 episode of RAW, when Cena returned for his 20th anniversary and was confronted backstage by Theory.
Cena vs. Theory was originally planned for SummerSlam 2022, but WWE couldn’t do it because Cena was busy filming Peacemaker 2.
A few months later, WWE changed the plan to John Cena vs. Logan Paul. Logan even teased this match on his podcast, after the financial success of his match against Roman Reigns.
However, in January 2023, WWE Officials decided to have Logan face Seth Rollins instead (and have Logan eliminate Seth from the Men’s Royal Rumble match) and then moved back to the plan of Cena vs. Theory.
Cena absolutely believes that Theory has what it takes to become a top guy in the company and is going to put him over.
WATCH: Hot Photoshoot Of Former WWE Diva Kaitlyn:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 27, 1993) – WWF Mania
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Mania’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania IX’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Hulk Hogan return and Mega-Maniacs formation (Raw 2/22/93)
– Sgt. Slaughter in the studio
– Mania Exclusive: Repo Man vs. Mike Starr (Long Beach, CA 2/15/93)
– WrestleMania IX promo
– Steiner Brothers vs. Gary Key & Larry Ludden (Challenge 2/21/93)
– Sean Mooney interviews Jimmy Hart (in-studio interview)
– Lex Luger vs. Virgil (Challenge 2/21/93)
– Mr. Perfect vignette with Wade Boggs
– WrestleMania IX Report
– Tatanka & Nasty Boys vs. Shawn Michaels & Beverly Brothers – joined in progress (Raw 2/22/93)
– Debra Duggan comments
– Mania Exclusive: Yokozuna vs. Jesse Storm (Fresno, CA 1/26/93)