• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (March 2, 1985) – Championship Wrestling From Georgia
On this day in 1985, Ole Anderson aired an episode of his new TV show ‘Championship Wrestling From Georgia’ on Ted Turner’s channel TBS.
The story was that after Vince McMahon’s WWF bought the ‘Georgia Championship Wrestling’ territory and the TBS timeslot that came with it, too many people complained to Ted Turner’s TV station, that they want to see their well known NWA wrestlers again, instead of the new WWF program that they got as a replacement.
So therefore Ole Anderson received a seperate morning time slot on TBS for his new promotion ‘Championship Wrestling From Georgia’, that had several NWA Wrestling Superstars on their show.
You can find the card below:
– NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair vs. Doug Vines (from JCP)
– Rip Rogers / Tommy Rich confrontation
– Rip Rogers vs. George South
– Devil Blue vs. Dave Fields
– GENE ANDERSON RETURNS
– Sigfried (Fred Ottman AKA Typhoon) vs. Mark Hill & Terry Ellis (Handicap match)
– Bob Roop vs. Italian Stallion
– Ivan Koloff vs. Randy Barber
• Jon Jones Retains The Title At UFC 235, Could’ve Lost Due To Illegal Knee Strike
In the main event of tonight’s UFC 235 PPV, Jones Jones defeated Anthony Smith via Decision to retain the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
During the 4th round of the fight, Jones delivered an illegal knee strike, but Anthony didn’t take the DQ win and decided to continue the fight.
During the post-fight interview, Jones said he doesn’t want to call anybody out right now and wants to just enjoy this win.
You can watch the complete fight below:
— UFC 235 (@UFC235TV) March 3, 2019
Below are the results from the main card of UFC 235:
– Bantamweight (135 lbs) Fight: Pedro Munhoz def. Cody Garbrandt via KO (Punches) in Round 1
– Women’s Strawweight (115 lbs) Fight: Weili Zhang def. Tecia Torres via Decision
– Welterweight (170 lbs) Fight: Ben Askren def. Robbie Lawler via Technical Submission in Round 1
– Welterweight (170 lbs) Title Fight: Kamaru Usman def. Tyron Woodley (c) via Decision to become the new Champion.
– Light Heavyweight (205 lbs) Title Fight: Jon Jones (c) def. Anthony Smith via Decision to retain the Title.
WATCH: Hot Video Of Nikki Bella & Natalya’s Juggs Touching While Kissing: