• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (June 23, 1997) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1997, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Cobo Arena in Detroit, Michigan and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Ken Shamrock vs. Rockabilly
2. The Legion of Doom vs. The Godwinns
3. Flash Funk vs. Sabu
4. Mankind vs. Davey Boy Smith
5. Owen Hart vs. Goldust vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley
6. Brian Christopher vs. Scott Taylor
7. The Undertaker vs. Faarooq vs. Vader
• Kane Reacts To Negativity Towards Goldberg vs. Undertaker Match
During a recent appearance on Busted Open Radio, Old School WWF Legend Kane talked about Social Media being a key to WWE’s growth and the negativity it brings with it.
Below are the highlights:
On negativity on Social Media:
“I think often people are too critical and should just enjoy the moment. That has been my thought for a long time. Unfortunately, as great as social media and our connectivity is, there is so much negativity. That really turns me off. I’m like ‘Gosh guys, if I wanted to go get yelled at, ‘I could go anywhere and get yelled at. Why would I want to go online and see that stuff?'”
On negativity towards Goldberg vs. Undertaker match:
“Bill knocked himself out. You could see he was struggling to finish the match. You kind of have to take that into account. They went out there and did the best they could under those circumstances. If you asked Bill and Taker if they wanted to do it again, they would say yeah. Instead of being critical about it people should say I never thought I would see that match happen.”