• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (March 29, 1997) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Georgia Trade & Convention Center in Dalton, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Spring Stampede 1997’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Armstrong Brothers vs. Harlem Heat
– Billy Kidman vs. Greg “The Hammer” Valentine
– Bunkhouse Buck & “Mean” Mike Enos vs. Steiner Brothers
– Madusa vs. Peggy Lee Leather
– Super Calo vs. Chris Jericho
– Galaxy vs. Ultimo Dragon
– Bobby Eaton vs. Prince Iaukea
– Kevin Sullivan vs. Johnny Swinger
– Scotty Riggs vs. Dean Malenko
– Maxx Muscle vs. “Diamond” Dallas Page
• Kenny Omega Reveals Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
During a recent interview with TSN, former IWGP Heavyweight Champion and All Elite Wrestling Executive Vice President Kenny Omega talked about why he didn’t sign with WWE.
Omega revealed that he didn’t join WWE because he wanted creative control and he wasn’t going to get it:
“It just wasn’t for me. I learned a lot of things that helped me take the next step after I left WWE. I had always felt when I had full creative control of my own person and own ideas that I could be the true me and show my full potential.
At that stage of my career, probably not. 10 or 12 years later, yeah, now would be a good time. I was actually considering going there earlier in the year, but AEW just seemed right for me. I always get really excited at the idea of having full creative control and just doing new things.
To me that’s exciting as a performer. I felt that was probably what was best for me, as of right now.”