• On This Day In WWF History (September 6, 1986) – WWF Boston Garden Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 6, 1986, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show at the Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
The live event was televised on the local NESN channel with Gorilla Monsoon & “Lord” Alfred Hayes doing commentary.
The card can be found here:
– Pedro Morales vs. Rene Goulet
– Sivi Afi vs. Pete Doherty
– Randy Savage vs. George Steele
– Hart Foundation vs. Dan Spivey & Mike Rotundo
– Harley Race vs. Cpl. Kirschner
– Bob Orton Jr. vs. Cousin Luke
– The British Bulldogs vs. Nikolai Volkoff & Iron Sheik
– Big Machine & Super Machine vs. King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd
• Kevin Owens Reveals Why He Started Using The Stunner
During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, former Universal Champion Kevin Owens explained why he started using the Stunner as his finishing move instead of the Pop-Up Powerbomb.
Below is what Owens said:
“I felt like everybody was doing powerbombs left and right, and I wanted to try something else. And one day it occurred to me that no one does the stunner as a finishing move, but to me, it’s always been the best move.
So I just went to Steve one day when he was here and I asked him, and he said, ‘I can’t believe nobody’s asked me this before, but of course you can use it. Do whatever you want with it.’
I did that out of respect for the people who’ve come before me. I would never want to do that without his approval. He gave me the approval and it’s working for me, so I have no intention of stopping and no intention of renaming it, either. It’s the stunner and it always will be the stunner.”
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE/AEW News & Clash Of Champions 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R