• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (October 21, 2016) – Old School WWF Manager Passed Away
On this day in 2016, we lost Old School WWF Manager Frenchy Martin (Real name: Jean Gagné) at the age of 66 due to bladder and bone cancer.
The French-Canadian used to wrestle during the 70s & 80s and he was still an active professional wrestler when he joined the World Wrestling Federation in 1986.
In late 1987, he became the manager of fellow French-Canadian Dino Bravo, whom he managed till April 1989, when “The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart became Bravo’s new manager.
In between, Frenchy Martin also managed Jos LeDuc during LeDuc’s short WWF run in 1988.
By mid-1990, he retired and left the WWF for good, only to become the head booker for IWA in Puerto Rico.
† REST IN PEACE FRENCHY MARTIN
May 25, 1950 – October 21, 2016
• Kofi Kingston Booed At WWE Live Event, Another Wrestler Hurt?
As we noted earlier today, New Day member Xavier Woods suffered an injury during a tag team match at WWE Live Event in Sydney, Australia.
Big E & Xavier Woods were facing The Revival for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles and Woods got injured during the match, and this led to Big E wrestling against The Revival on his own during the match.
— Seizure Kaiser (@iAmSeizure) October 21, 2019
The referee threw the “X” sign (which represents a legitimate injury) and Woods was then helped to the back.
It looks like Woods suffered an Achilles Tendon injury as below is what he tweeted after this:
— Austin Creed (@XavierWoodsPhD) October 21, 2019
It looks like Erick Rowan might have gotten hurt at this Live Event as well. Rowan teamed up with Luke Harper to face the team of Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan in a Steel Cage match in the main event.
During the match, Rowan got hooked up on the top rope and came down hard in between the rope and the cage.
Rowan looked in a lot of discomfort after the match when he was heading to the back and signalled the referee that he isn’t okay.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Rowan’s status.
Speaking of this Live Event, a fan in attendance noted that former WWE Champion Kofi Kingston was actually booed and his opponent, Randy Orton, got cheered during their match.
— Dolla Bill Daniel (@DMiddy78) October 21, 2019
Below are the results from this WWE Live Event:
– The Revival (c) def. The New Day (Big E & Xavier Woods) to retain the SmackDown Tag Team Titles
– Buddy Murphy def. Sami Zayn
– The Kabuki Warriors (c) def. The IIconics and Fire & Desire to retain the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles
– Kofi Kingston def. Randy Orton
– Shinsuke Nakamura (c) def. Ali to retain the Intercontinental Title
– Bayley (c) def. Charlotte Flair to retain the SmackDown Women’s Title
– Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan def. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper in a Steel Cage match
WATCH: Super Hot Video Of Former WWE Diva Christy Hemme: