• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 29, 1998) – WWF WrestleMania 14
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 29, 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WrestleMania XIV’ LIVE on PPV from the FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts.
This was the 14th annual WrestleMania event with the inaugural WrestleMania happening in 1985. Even nowadays WrestleMania is still by far the biggest professional wrestling event on the planet each year.
Mike Tyson served as the special outside enforcer for the main event of the evening.
Here are the PPV results:
– LOD 2000 won a Tag Team #1 contenders Battle Royal
– WWF Light Heavyweight Championship: Taka Michinoku (c) defeated Aguila
– WWF European Championship: Triple H (c) defeated Owen Hart
– Marc Mero & Sable defeated The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust & Luna Vachon
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Rock (c) defeated Ken Shamrock via DQ
– Dumpster match – WWF Tag Team Championship: Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie defeated The New Age Outlaws (c)
– The Undertaker defeated Kane
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Shawn Michaels (c)
• Kurt Angle Addresses His Health Heading Into Retirement Match At WrestleMania 35
WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle will have his final match at WrestleMania 35 and he posted the following on Facebook regarding his health:
“WrestleMania is around the corner. My very last match. I know its not the old Kurt Angle everyone has wanted, but I’m proud knowing its the new Kurt Angle that’s been clean for almost 6 years. Thank you to all those who have been supporting me through the good and bad. I love you all.”