• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (December 26, 1988) – Starrcade 1988
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 26, 1988, WCW aired ‘NWA Starrcade 1988’ LIVE on PPV from the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia.
This was the first PPV after billionaire Ted Turner bought JCP Jim Crockett Promotions and renamed it WCW World Championship Wrestling.
The main event featured NWA World Heavyweight Champion “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair defending his title against the #1 contender Lex Luger.
Here are the results:
– NWA United States Tag Team Championship
Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan def. The Fantastics (c)
– The Midnight Express def. The Original Midnight Express
– The Russian Assassins def. Junkyard Dog & Ivan Koloff
– NWA World Television Championship
Rick Steiner def. Mike Rotunda (c)
– NWA United States Heavyweight Championship
Barry Windham (c) def. Bam Bam Bigelow via countout
– NWA World Tag Team Championship
Sting & Dusty Rhodes def. The Road Warriors (c) via DQ
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Ric Flair (c) def. Lex Luger
• Kurt Angle Celebrates His Son’s Title Win After Raw (Video)
As seen in the main event of this week’s Raw, the team of Jason Jordan and Seth Rollins defeated The Bar (Sheamus & Cesaro) to win the Raw Tag Team Titles.
You can watch it below:
After Raw went off the air, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle came out to celebrate with his “son”. You can watch it below:
• Reason Behind Raw Wrestler Entering Indy Tournament In 2018
As we noted before, Raw Wrestler Apollo Crews will work the Road to Glory tournament of PCW UK Wrestling on February 10, 2018.
— PCW UK WRESTLING (@PCW_UK) December 16, 2017
The reason behind WWE allowing Crews to appear at this PCW show is that PCW promoter Steve Fludder has an exclusive deal with an arena in Blackpool, England and WWE wants to run an event there.
So WWE allowed PCW alumni Apollo Crews to work over there and get the permission to run an event in the arena.