• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 14, 1997) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the CoreStates Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Slamboree 1997 PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Chris Benoit vs. The Barbarian
– Dean Malenko vs. Hector Guerrero
– Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera
– Ultimo Dragon vs. Lane Carleson
– Syxx vs. Prince Iaukea
– Street Fight: Public Enemy vs. High Voltage
– The Giant vs. Big Al
– Diamond Dallas Page vs. Konnan
– Jeff Jarrett & Steve McMichael vs. Harlem Heat
– Lex Luger vs. Kevin Nash
WATCH: Bayley’s Buns Visible In A See Through Dress:
• Kurt Angle Comments On His Retirement Match – Says He Didn’t Want To Lose At WrestleMania 35
WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle did a Q&A session on his Facebook page and a fan asked him the following question:
Is there one match you would have like to change the build up or the match stipulation or outcome if you would have won or lost?
Angle replied the following:
“Honestly? My WrestleMania 35 match. I would have liked to go out with a win, but I understand why it didn’t occur. Many people believe that I should have had a different opponent. Maybe. Maybe not. But my argument as to why it should have been Corbin is pretty strong.
As a HOFer and Legend in WWE, I came to my final match last Sunday. It was my retirement match. As a legend or HOFer or- whatever you want to call me, my job is to leave the WWE by doing the honors for a younger talent. I did that. I would have loved to have won, but I don’t think I would have properly played my role if I did.
You leave the company better than it was before you came. I think I was able to do that by losing to Corbin and then getting laid out on Raw the next night to Lars. It may have felt wrong, but it was the right thing to do. Agree to disagree.”