• On This Day In Wrestling History (January 10, 1998) – ECW House Party 1998
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 10, 1998, Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling aired ‘ECW House Party 1998’ LIVE on PPV from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The PPV’s main event was a so called ‘Stairway to Hell match’ between ECW icons The Sandman & Sabu.
Here are the results:
– Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney & Tommy Dreamer defeated The Full Blooded Italians
– Jerry Lynn defeated Chris Candido
– Gran Hamada defeated Gran Naniwa
– Al Snow defeated Amish Roadkill
– Justin Credible defeated The Great Sasuke
– Rob Van Dam defeated Bam Bam Bigelow
– ECW World Television Championship: Taz (c) defeated 2 Cold Scorpio
– The Dudley Brothers defeated The Gangstanators & Spike Dudley
– Stairway to Hell: The Sandman defeated Sabu
• Kurt Angle On Jeff Hardy Using Drugs & Alcohol To Cope With Pain
During a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle talked about Jeff Hardy’s battle with alcohol being similar to his own.
Below is what Angle said:
“It’s not easy, I mean going through these problems especially with alcohol and drugs, you know. I don’t know what the issue is with Jeff. You know, if could be he’s in so much pain which I completely agree.
I think that Jeff out of anybody his daredevil stunt work that he does night in and night out his body has to be shot. There’s a way to cope with pain, but drugs and alcohol is not the way. It does help temporarily, but it’s not the way.
I’m always praying for Jeff. I love the kid. I know he can pull through this.”
WATCH: New Revealing Footage Of Natalya From WWE Total Divas: