• ON THIS DAY IN WRESTLING HISTORY (January 13, 1996) – USWA Memphis Wrestling
On this day in 1996, Jerry Jarrett’s United States Wrestling Association aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘USWA Memphis Wrestling’.
This promotion was the official successor of the Continental Wrestling Association (CWA) when it merged with Fritz Von Erich’s World Class Championship Wrestling, and also functioned as a developmental promotion for the World Wrestling Federation.
The card can be found below:
– PG-13 (JC Ice & Wolfie D) vs. “Wildfire” Tommy Rich & “Dangerous” Doug Gilbert
– Battle Royal for the #1 contender (USWA Title)
– USWA Title: Jerry “the King” Lawler vs. “Wildfire” Tommy Rich
– Ron Davis, Charlie Laird & TD Steele vs. “Birdman” Koko B Ware & The Rock’n’ROll Express
– Jesse James Armstrong (Road Dogg) vs. “Too Sexy” Brian Christopher
• Luke Gallows Reveals Fans’ Wish AEW Fulfilled That WWE Didn’t
IMPACT Wrestling Tag Team Champions The Good Brothers recently spoke to Sports Illustrated to promote the IMPACT Hard To Kill pay-per-view, which takes place this Saturday night.
During the conversation, Luke Gallows discussed the reunion of The Bullet Club at the end of AEW New Year’s Smash – Night 1.
Gallows said that AEW gave fans The Bullet Club reunion, which they always wanted. However, WWE never understood how significant it could’ve been for them.
“That was the only way to go off the air. That’s what the people wanted, which is what the people in New York [WWE] never got. We thought it would be the pinnacle of that moment, and it was.”
WATCH: Kelly Kelly Shows Off Her Super Hot Buns:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.