• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (February 22, 1997) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode was pre-taped at the St. Lucie County Civic Center in Ft. Pierce, Florida and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl VII’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Villano IV
2. Dean Malenko vs. Mark Starr
3. Prince Iaukea vs. Jerry Flynn
4. Kevin Sullivan vs. Johnny Swinger
5. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Bunkhouse Buck
6. Eddie Guerrero vs. Jim Powers
7. Harlem Heat vs. Doc Dean & Robbie Brookside
8. Chris Benoit vs. Rick Fuller
9. Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan
• Backstage News On Vader’s WWE Hall Of Fame Induction
According to the Wrestling Observer, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Vader won’t be getting inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year as well, as Vince McMahon has some other names in mind that he wants to work on right now:
“It would look like Vader, who Mick Foley has been heavily pushing for, won’t be put in. Vader is a no-brainer, but it’s the audience of one.”
Vader passed away in June 2018.
As we noted before, “British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith is expected to be the Hall of Fame inductee that will get posthumously inducted this year.
• Major Spoilers For Elimination Chamber 2020
As of this writing, two Elimination Chamber matches are scheduled to take place next month.
Winner of the Women’s Elimination Chamber match will earn the right to face Becky Lynch for the RAW Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 36, while the winner of the Men’s Elimination Chamber match will face the Universal Champion at WrestleMania 36.
According to the Wrestling Observer, Shayna Baszler and Roman Reigns are expected to win their respective Chamber matches to earn Title matches at WrestleMania 36.
WATCH: If You Don’t Miss Eva Marie, You Will After Watching This: