18. On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 21, 2002) – The Rock Wins His 7th WWE Title, Hulk Hogan’s Only Tag Team Title Reign Ends
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 21, 2002, WWE presented Vengeance 2002 PPV from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. In the main event of the show, The Undertaker defended the WWE Undisputed Championship against The Rock and Kurt Angle in a Triple Threat match.
Also at this event, Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Edge lost the WWE Tag Team Titles. It should be noted that this was the only Tag Title reign that Hogan ever had in his wrestling career. Below are the results from the show:
– Elimination Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & Spike) def. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit
– WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Jamie Noble (c) def. Billy Kidman to retain the Title.
– WWE European Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) def. William Regal to retain the Title.
– John Cena def. Chris Jericho
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Rob Van Dam (c) def. Brock Lesnar via DQ to retain the Title.
– No DQ Match: Booker T def. Big Show
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Un-Americans (Lance Storm & Christian) def. Edge & Hollywood Hulk Hogan (c) to win the Titles.
– WWE Undisputed Championship Match: The Rock def. Kurt Angle & The Undertaker (c) to win the Title.
You can watch the highlights from this PPV below:
You can watch the complete main event below: