• Matt Hardy Takes A Jab At WWE’s Way Of Making Wrestlers Watch TV
On last week’s episode of AEW Dynamite, The Young Bucks were watching the match between AEW World Tag Team Champions FTR and The Hybrid 2 in a normal way.
Suddenly, Matt Hardy appeared and asked Nick and Matt Jackson to watch the TV sideways (a way to poke fun at WWE since they make their wrestlers watch TV in that position).
Hardy took to Twitter today to say that he’s giving back to the business as these are the traditional ways of watching TV introduced by WWE.
“Doing my best to give back to the biz & teach these @youngbucks how to do TV.
I’m motivated to help teach all the @AEW performers the way the biz REALLY works – Especially those who aren’t familiar with the “old school” ways.”
Doing my best to give back to the biz & teach these @youngbucks how to do TV.
— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) October 14, 2020
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon Gets Her Butt Slapped:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (October 14, 2004) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2004, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Evening News Arena in Manchester, England (UK) and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE Survivor Series 2004’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree
– Charlie Haas vs. Billy Kidman
– No. 1 Contender (US Title) – Battle Royal
– WWE Title – Hardcore Match: JBL vs. Hardcore Holly
– US Title: Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Rey Misterio
– Eddie Guerrero vs. Luther Reigns