• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (May 8, 2000) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the World Dome in St. Louis, Missouri and featured matches, interviews & segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 2000’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Terry Funk vs. Norman Smiley & Ralphus
– Captain Rection vs. Shawn Stasiak
– Stretcher Match: Mike Awesome vs. Diamond Dallas Page
– Kronik vs. Harlem Heat vs. The Mamalukes vs. Harris Boys
– Tank Abbott vs. Scott Steiner
– Miss Elizabeth vs. Daffney
– Kevin Nash & Hulk Hogan vs. Billy Kidman, Rey Misterio Jr., Konnan & Mike Awesome
– Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting
• Michelle McCool Reveals What The Undertaker Said To Her After Match With Goldberg
During a recent interview with New York Post, former WWE Women’s Champion Michelle McCool (wife of The Undertaker) talked about being scared after The Undertaker vs. Goldberg match at WWE Super ShowDown 2019 in Saudi Arabia.
Below is what McCool said about the match and what Taker said to her after the match:
“That was really scary for me. Obviously knowing the business, as soon as I saw that I texted our doctors. I was like, ‘Is he OK?’ Because it looked bad. You’re centimeters away from doing some real damage. So I knew it was bad.
Mark has literally been caught on fire, stood in a pod for 40 minutes and wrestled another 40 minutes. He’s busted up both eye sockets in matches. He normally responds with, ‘I’m good, babe, I’m good.’ So after that match when I talked to him and I think his exact words were, ‘My back is jacked up. My neck is jacked up.’
WATCH: Goldberg Jackhammers The Undertaker:
I was like for him to put that into words and verbally tell me truly how he’s feeling, it was just I couldn’t imagine the pain. So that was scary, knowing now he’s got to fly so many hours across the world and he had an appearance the next morning when he landed in the States in Boston or somewhere that he’s not gonna say no to.
He does that and standing with fans for 4 to 5 hours. It was bad. It was scary. I don’t think he realized until this documentary when he saw it again just how close he was to, yeah, yeah.”