• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (May 21, 1995) – WWF Action Zone 1995
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Action Zone’.
This episode featured matches, highlight videos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1995’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– The Undertaker vs. Mike Bell
– Photo Still Highlights Of Bret Hart’s Matches (From In Your House)
– Promo By Bret Hart
– Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Burt Santino
– The Bushwhackers vs. Barry Horowitz/The Brooklyn Brawler
– Highlights Of Bob Backlund’s Interview (From Raw)
– King Kong Bundy vs. Tim McNeany
– Photo Still Highlights Of Diesel vs. Sid (From In Your House)
– Interview w/ Ted DiBiase From Last Monday Afternoon
– Highlights Of Bam Bam Bigelow vs. I.R.S. (From Raw)
– Sid vs. Bob Holly
– Photo Still Highlights Of Razor Ramon vs. Jeff Jarrett/The Roadie. Savio Vega Debuts And Helps Razor Ramon
– Interview w/ Savio Vega (From Raw)
– Highlights Of Razor Ramon vs. Jacob Blu From Superstars. Savio Vega Makes The Save For Razor
– Aldo Montoya vs. Nick Barbery
• Money In The Bank Participants Reportedly Didn’t Know Brock Lesnar Was Set To Win
“The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar surprised the fans when he returned at Money In The Bank 2019 PPV and everyone was shocked when he went on to win the Men’s Money In The Bank 2019 ladder match to earn a future World Championship match.
We noted before via Fightful that WWE told their wrestlers that Ali was going to win the Men’s Money In The Bank ladder match, but then told the MITB participants about the real plan just before the match.
According to Slice Wrestling, WWE officials didn’t tell the MITB participants that Brock Lesnar was going to win the match. Instead, WWE officials told them that “someone” was going to come out, push them off the ladder and win the match:
“Vince made sure to tell the wrestlers in the match that there would be a spot at the end where ‘someone’ would be coming out at the end to knock everyone off the ladders and win the briefcase. None of them knew Brock was winning.”
This could explain why guys like Randy Orton looked quite shocked after seeing Lesnar.