• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 18, 1999) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from Beaumont, Texas and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWF Hardcore Title: Road Dogg vs. Gangrel
2. Billy Gunn vs. Test
3. Steve Blackman vs. Dan Severn
4. Hardcore Match: Mankind vs. Big Bossman
5. Winner Gets Head: Al Snow vs. Goldust
6. Handicap Match: Chyna vs. Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson
7. Kane vs. The Rock
• More On Rocky Johnson’s Cause Of Death
According to Tampa Bay Times, WWE Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson passed away due to a blood clot.
WWF Veteran Brian Blair said the following about Rocky’s death:
“A blood clot traveled from his leg into his lung. He died of natural causes.”
Prior to this update, Blair told the Wrestling Observer that Rocky was dealing with flu-like illness for the last two weeks.
Blair advised Rocky to go get checked by a doctor, but Rocky didn’t do that. Rocky eventually had to go to the doctor, but ended up passing away the next day.