• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 16, 2000) – WCW Spring Stampede 2000
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 16, 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Spring Stampede 2000’ LIVE on PPV from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
This was the first ever WCW pay-per-view after the April 10 – Eric Bischoff/Vince Russo reboot, as well as the first to feature the infamous New Blood vs. Millionaire’s Club feud.
It was the last of 5 Spring Stampede pay-per-view events that WCW aired between 1994 and 2000.
Here are the results:
– Triple threat: Ric Flair & Lex Luger defeated The Harris Brothers and The Mamalukes
– Mancow defeated Jimmy Hart
– Scott Steiner defeated The Wall via DQ
– Mike Awesome defeated Ernest Miller
– Shane Douglas and Buff Bagwell defeated Harlem Heat 2000
– Sting defeated Booker T
– Vampiro defeated Billy Kidman
– Vacant WCW Hardcore Championship: Terry Funk defeated Norman Smiley
– Scott Steiner defeated Mike Awesome
– Sting defeated Vampiro
– Six-Way – Vacant WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Chris Candido defeated The Artist, Juventud Guerrera, Shannon Moore, Lash LeRoux and Crowbar
– Vacant WCW World Tag Team Championship: Shane Douglas and Buff Bagwell defeated Ric Flair and The Total Package
– Vacant WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner defeated Sting
– Vacant WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Jarrett defeated Diamond Dallas Page
• Mr. McMahon To Reveal The Biggest Acquisition In SmackDown History Tonight
WWE announced the following regarding tonight’s SmackDown:
Mr. McMahon to reveal the biggest acquisition in SmackDown LIVE history
“The first night of the Superstar Shake-up was thrilling, to say the least. Although SmackDown LIVE is saying goodbye to Superstars like AJ Styles, The Miz, Rey Mysterio and Naomi, there is still plenty of intrigue as to who will be joining Team Blue.
The mystery has been heightened by Mr. McMahon, who will be revealing the biggest acquisition in SmackDown LIVE history tonight. Who has the WWE Chairman secured for the blue brand?”
As we noted earlier, The Dirty Sheets reported that “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns is expected to be shifted to SmackDown as a part of the Superstar Shake-Up, but he might not be the acquisition that Vince is going to announce.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.
WATCH: Sasha Banks Twerking During A Match: