• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 25, 1988) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1988, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA The Great American Bash 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
1. STING vs. JERRY PRICE
2. IVAN KOLOFF & RUSSIAN ASSASSIN vs. STEINBORN/AUMEN
3. TIM HORNER, BRAD ARMSTRONG & KENDALL WINDHAM vs. THE CRUEL CONNECTION & MAX MCGYVER
4. SCOTT PUTSKI vs. DAVID ISLEY
5. THE ROAD WARRIORS vs. ROYAL/WILDE
6. NIKITA KOLOFF vs. RYAN WAGNER
7. THE SHEEPHERDERS vs. ITALIAN STALLION/ALLEN
8. ARN ANDERSON & TULLY BLANCHARD vs. BOWEN/CRUZ
9. STEVE WILLIAMS vs. BEAR COLLIE
10. BARRY WINDHAM vs. BOBBY ROSE
• Name Of Famous Finishing Move Is Now Banned In WWE
New United States Champion Ricochet began using Chris Jericho’s Codebreaker move, but the word ‘Codebreaker’ wasn’t used by the commentators.
This is because the name ‘Codebreaker’ is now a banned term in WWE, according to the Wrestling Observer.
The word got banned because it’s affiliated to Chris Jericho, who is now in All Elite Wrestling, and WWE officials don’t want to remind fans of Jericho & AEW.