• Old School WCW Veteran Celebrates His Birthday
Old School WCW Veteran Vampiro (Real name: Ian Hodgkinson) celebrates his 53rd birthday today.
After years in Mexico & Japan, Vampiro first made a name for himself in the United States when he wrestled for Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling from 1998 until the company was sold to the World Wrestling Federation in March of 2001.
On August 13, 2000 during the WCW New Blood Rising PPV, The Great Muta and him defeated KroniK to win the WCW World Tag Team Championship, a title they lost to the Filthy Animals the next night on Nitro.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAMPIRO!
• New Details For WWE 2K22, GM Mode Return Said To Be A ‘High Priority’
The new producer for WWE 2K games, Patrick Gilmore, did a Q/A session on WWE Games’ subreddit page. He took suggestions from fans about what they’d like to see in WWE 2K22 and also revealed what he promises to bring in the game set to release next year.
Below are the highlights:
– An all new file code for WWE 2K22 will be produced instead of the one that’s being used for the past couple of years.
– Players will be given the feel of being the WWE Superstar and the game will be treated more like a sports game.
– As of now, the tagline for the game is, “step out of the crowd, step into the ring” (that could change).
– Creation Suite will be streamlined and improved for the next game and they want to make it cross platform (meaning that every wrestler uploaded to Community Creations will be available for every system the game releases on).
– They want to re-add Create-A-Story “at some point.”
– They are looking to import custom music.
– The gameplay itself is getting a huge investment into improving and they will make it more like “Here Comes The Pain” mixed with the best stuff from the most recent games.
– Adding GM Mode is “high up” on their priority list.
– My Career Mode will have more choices for the player.
– Online match quality will be a lot better.
– A closed beta test might be introduced.
– Updates to the physics engine.
– New match types
– Modding could return for PC users in some way.