• Old School Wrestling Veteran Celebrates His Birthday
Old School Wrestling Veteran “The Boogie Woogie Man” Jimmy Valiant (Real name: James Fanning) celebrates his 76th birthday today.
After teaming with his kayfabe brother “Luscious Johnny V” Johnny Valiant during the 70s, Jimmy Valiant ended up becoming one of the greatest comedy characters in pro wrestling history, when he adapted the “Boogie Woogie Man” persona while wrestling on NWA TV (including several PPVs) for Jim Crockett Promotions.
In 1996, the Valiant Brothers got inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame (now WWE Hall of Fame) by “The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith & “The King of Harts” Owen Hart.
They became the first Tag Team ever to be inducted into the WWF/E Hall of Fame!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN!
• New WWE Salaries For Brock Lesnar, Becky Lynch, Braun Strowman & More Revealed
Many WWE Superstars signed new deals with WWE recently (with significant pay raise due to AEW’s arrival in the wrestling scene).
The Dirty Sheets has exclusively released details regarding new salaries for a few WWE wrestlers and you can read it below:
– Brock Lesnar: Re-Signed a 12 month licensing and image rights contract for $500,000 plus $100,000 per appearance, $500,000 per PPV and $1.5 million per Saudi show. Expires May 2020.
– AJ Styles: Re-Signed for 5 years for $1.5 million per year (doubling his last deal) + Bonuses, for 150 dates in years 1 and 2, and 100 dates a year thereafter (dates do not have to distributed evenly). Expires April 2024.
– Braun Strowman: Re-Signed for 4 years for a guaranteed $1.2 million per year + Bonuses. Expires July 2023.
– Daniel Bryan: Re-Signed for 3 years for $1 million per year + Bonuses, for only 120 dates per year (standard is 180). Expires September 2021.
– Becky Lynch: Re-negotiated 5 year deal signed in July 2018 from $500,000 per year (improved from $200,000 per year) to $1 million per year + Bonuses (deal is equal to that given to Charlotte Flair in April 2016 and Ronda Rousey in January 2018, although Rousey‘s was for 50 dates per year, with $50,000 per additional appearance). Expires July 2023.
– Dolph Ziggler: Re-Signed for 1 year for $900,000 per year, for 120 dates per year and $500,000 per Saudi show.
– Shinsuke Nakamura: Re-Signed for 3 years more years, for same salary of $750,000. Expires April 2022.
– The Usos: Re-Signed for 5 years for $750,000 per year (a $350,000 pay raise). Expires May 2024.
– Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson: Re-Signed for 5 years for $700,000 per year (a $200,000 pay raise). Expires April 2024.
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & SummerSlam 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R