• Matt Hardy On His Tag Team With Bray Wyatt: “We Have A Much Bigger Potential If Given The Opportunity”
During a recent interview with The Philly Voice, RAW Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy talked about teaming up with Bray Wyatt, if he thought Jeff Hardy would be on the same brand with him, Brother Nero and more.
Below are the highlights:
On teaming up with Bray Wyatt:
“I think Bray is an extremely talented competitor and performer. I’m a big fan of his work. I’m glad I was able to cure him of Sister Abigail and now we’re teaming up. I think there’s still a much bigger potential with the two of us if we get the opportunity to explore that role, which is something we’re working on right now and it’ll happen eventually.”
On if he thought Jeff Hardy would be on the same brand with him, Brother Nero:
“I didn’t know. Those types of things are obviously over my head. I would love to have Jeff involved. Jeff is totally fine being on his own as the ‘Charismatic Enigma’ Jeff Hardy. He’s totally fine being Brother Nero. I think Brother Nero would be good for him for career longevity, but I think Jeff can go to SmackDown and be amazing and be the ‘Charismatic Enigma’ and he can do everything he can do in that persona, and if we need to utilize him as Brother Nero, we can do that whenever.”
• NJPW Champion Breaks His Neck During G1 Special Title Match (Footage Of The Spot That Caused The Injury)
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi broke his neck during his Title match against Dragon Lee at the G1 Special in San Francisco last night.
Hiromu collapsed in the backstage area after the match and was taken to the hospital.
The injury is said to have occurred because of the following move (where Hiromu was dropped on his head by Lee):
— Italo Santana ?? (@BulletClubItal) July 8, 2018
Takahashi wrestled for a few more minutes and finished the match with a win after he hit his finisher on Lee.
Below are the results from last night’s G1 Special:
– Bullet Club (King Haku, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens) def. Chaos (Yoshi-Hashi, Gedo, Rocky Romero, Yoh and Sho)
– Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) def. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.)
– Bullet Club (Hangman Page and Marty Scurll) def. Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kushida)
– NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Hirooki Goto (c) def. Jeff Cobb to retain the Title
– IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Sanada and Evil) to retain the Titles.
– Chaos (Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito and Bushi)
– IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) def. Dragon Lee to retain the Title.
– IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship Match: Juice Robinson def. Jay White (c) to win the Title.
– IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kenny Omega (c) def. Cody Rhodes to retain the Title.